Oil for marination 4tbsp
Potatoes medium size 2 no, cut into wedges
Carrots medium size 2no, cut into wedges
Cauliflower 1/3 portion, florets cut into halves
Shangrila Synthetic Vinegar 3tbsp
Oil for sautéing
Salt and pepper to sprinkle
Few cabbage leaves
For Steak Sauce:
1 1/2tbsp whole black pepper corns, hand pounded
40gm Butter (2tbsp+ 2 tsp)
1 1/2tbsp oil
1 onion, medium size, fine chopped
1/2 c chicken stock
100ml cream ( I used tetra pack cream)
1 tsp Dijon mustard (regular bottle mustard will also work)
Salt lower than taste
Method for Steak Marination:
Boneless chicken breast_ clean the chicken breast, remove fat and wash it. Cut each side into butterfly and open it like a book. Now cut it into half. So in total there will be 4 steak pieces
Cling wrap ur cutting board, place each butterfly cut on cling wrapped board and cover it with wrap and pound it using ur roti rolling pin. Cut and flatten the thick part of the breast and make the surface even flat. Repeat the same procedure with the other portion of the breast.
For the marination. Take 4 tbsp of oil add mustard paste, Shangrila's white vinegar, Shangrila's Worcestershire sauce, mix it very well.
Sprinkle salt on each side of the pounded chicken pour all the prepared marination and rub it all over the chicken. Place it a food grade plastic bag. Into the chiller or fridge (perfectly cold) for few hours.
Method for the Steak Sauce
1. Heat butter and oil add fine chopped onions, saute till it becomes translucent.
2. When butter starts to bubbling add cream, hand pounded black peppers, chicken stock, Dijon mustard. Leave on slow flame, stir time to time.cook till it thickens.
3. Sauce consistency test_ when sauce coats the back of the spoon. Sauce is ready, store it covered in a jar.
Method for Steak Vegetable
1. Wash all the vegetable, peel the carrots and potatoes and cut them into wedges.
2. For cauliflower take 1/3 of its portion. Remove stalks, wash them, and cut into halves
3. Boil water with Shangrila's vinegar, and boil the cauliflower florets (boil them firm to the bite. Do not over boil them). Remove and put it in cold water
4. Boil carrots till cooked. Remove and put it in iced cold water.
5. Boil potatoes till they are cooked. Remove and put it in iced cold water. All vegetables are ready for steak.
PREPARE THE STEAK AND STEAK PLATE
Place the steak plate over hob and heat it.
Heat the grill pan till smoking hot. Generously oil the grill pan surface so that chicken steak pieces do not stick to it.
When the grill pan is absolutely smoking hot, place 2 pieces at a time and now lower the heat to medium high, wait till one side changes color to white after few minutes change the size and now cover the grill pan so that chicken is properly heat through and is well cooked. Remove from tge heat. Dip it into prepared sauce. Cook all the raw steak pieces the similar way.
Stir fry vegetable. Heat the pan till smoking hot. Add few tbsp's of oil add boiled potatoes, carrots, cauliflower in small portion do not clutter the pan)
Stir fry on high flame. Sprinkle salt and pepper. Set it aside
Serve the steak.
Slightly oil the steak plate
Place the cabbage leaves on hot steak plate. (Just to avoid the sauce from burning).
Place prepared vegetables on one side. Pour black pepper sauce and then place the dipped chicken steaks on top of it. Serve hot
Notes from Chef Maida.
1. You can prepare the vegetables one day ahead and can store covered into the fridge.
2. All measurements are subject to the measuring cups and measuring spoons.
3. Less spices. The better will be steak results.
4. Usually steaks do not require long time marination. Steaks can be cooked just after marination.
5. You can use 1/2 butter 1/2 oil to make the black pepper sauce.
6. Steak sauce is the major part of Steaks.
7. For chicken steaks each side takes 5-6min depending on the size and thickness.
8. Steaks r always made fresh and served fresh.
9. Same spices can be used for beef steak
10. According to food standards per person portion is 250gm (including meat and vegetable)
But this standard has been lessen to 200gm.